Thought I'd throw it back to an old blog tradition - the What's Your Beef Wednesday tradition that is. If you're a new reader, I got this idea for a post from my favorite local radio station. They do this segment every Wednesday morning and I think it's great.
Basically I vent in the post, you vent in the comments. It's stress relieving. Here goes:
- Plagiarism. I was completely surprised and disgusted by this story. Blogging is supposed to be an outlet, a way to tell stories about what is going on IN YOUR OWN LIFE. Why would anyone even be interested in retelling someone else's life happenings? I truly don't see the benefit. The strangest part to me was that she even continued the charade in real life.
- Obsessive Tweeting. Yes, if I follow you, I do want to know what's going on in your life, hear witty things that you have to say, or watch hilarious YouTube video links you post. But I also need a breather every once in awhile.
- Facebook version 3,989. Really, Facebook, we like it the way it is. Or was... or... JUST STOP CHANGING IT ALREADY.
- Non-responsiveness. When I leave a comment on a blog post, one of these things is happening: I have something funny/witty to say, thought the post was exceptional, have my own personal experience/advice to share, or have a legitimate question. As long as it's not a hypothetical question or something really personal, can I have an answer?
- The way Blogger handles comments. This goes along with the last bullet. Sometimes I can't answer questions people pose to me because of the way Blogger allows comments. That is one thing I do like about Wordpress, you have to leave an e-mail address!
- Tweet Spammers. Enough already. Quit following me. No, I do not plan on following you back.
- Hershey is duping us. They made the Cadbury Creme eggs noticeably SMALLER this year. The proof from a Conan O'Brien show. Did they think this one would get by us? (Thanks for sharing Liz.)
The WYBW Archives:
Volume Two :: The Men Suck Edition
Volume Five :: The Road Rage Edition