Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What's Your Beef Wednesday

I got this idea for a post from my favorite radio station. They do this segment every Wednesday morning and I think it's great.

Bottling up stress is not healthy. You need an outlet right? Well today's your day, use my blog to get what's buggin' you off your chest!

I'll start (this could get lengthy):

  • People that drive in the fast lane on the highway and go 65 or less. There are THREE lanes people! Do you really need to drive in the only lane that I can't pass you safely? Step on the gas or move out of my way!
  • Always running out of conditioner before shampoo. It happens every time and annoys the crap out of me. Do I use more conditioner unknowingly? I always try to use a quarter-sized amount of both. And then what do you do with the shampoo left over? You can't let it go to waste. You're either forced to buy the same scent of conditioner again or use unmatched scents and that's just not right.
  • Drivers that won't let me in when I'm merging onto the highway. I understand traffic is bumper to bumper in the morning so you can't really move over a lane to let all of us merging into the close lane. But do you really need to tailgate the guy in front of you so that you don't have to let me on? Is that really necessary?
  • Guys who can't take a hint. You ask me to be your friend on myspace. I don't know who the hell you are, I decline. You proceed to friend request me again. Again I decline. How long does this process need to go on before you take a hint? I don't know you, don't find you funny, and don't appreciate your "Hey sexy. You're hot stuff" messages. I have a boyfriend, and he will beat you up.
  • Food service associates that mess up my order. How hard is it to remember to hold the tomato? Or cheeseburger ONLY KETCHUP? I do not like onion. I don't want bad breath the rest of the day at work. So now I have to wait while you fix my order and probably spit in my food. Great.
  • Red light cameras. Hi officer? If you can't catch me the old fashioned way, don't try to be sneaky. We all know that's not very fair.
  • People on the elevator that apparently don't know where the "open door button" is. Hi I can see you on the elevator and that you have caught my eye and know I'm heading in your general direction. You can hear my heels clicking at a very fast rate, right? Can't you hold the freakin door open so that I don't have to wait five minutes for another elevator to make it's way down? Thanks a lot jerk off.
  • Standing in line at the grocery store, a new lane opens up and the cashier takes the last person in your line. Um whatever happened to I was here first and therefore should be checked out before that guy who just wandered in the lane 3 seconds ago.
  • Greeters at Wal-mart. They used to be really friendly. Smile when you walked in the door "Hi, welcome to Wal-mart would you like a cart?" Sometimes you were even handed a sales flier! Service is slowly on the decline. Now my local Wal-mart greeter doesn't even stand near the carts anymore. There she is when I walk in leaning against the security posts looking like she hates her life. No hello, no cart, I have to fend for myself.
  • Owners of shitty, rusted-out cars that buy 24 inch spinning rims. You drive a Geo Prism dude. There's a dent in your bumper, rust EVERYWHERE, and your window doesn't roll all the way up. Shouldn't you have used that money to buy a new car rather than shiny new rims? Spend it wisely. Apparently you don't have much of it.
OK maybe I had a lot to get off my chest. But they're all legitimate beefs I think, do you agree? Share your thoughts on my beefs, or tell me one of your own. Let's let go of the anger together!

And stay tuned - I have more to share next week!

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I had to share mine? We'd be here All. Day. So let's just say I agree with everything you've said. And then some. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with La. And also? B.O. Body Odor. How do people not know????

Anonymous said...

oh hai! please see my post for today, because apparently we think the same.

i so agree with 2, 3, 8 especially!!!

Mim said...

Yes, what the hell is with the conditioner running out first? ARG!

It must be one of those days. I've noticed the trend...where what you've blogged about 3 other people blog about...like when I don't feel good, chances are a couple of my blog friends also don't feel good.

Kind of like when we were in college and everyone had their period the same week...weird.

Clink said...

The conditioner! It always runs out first, damn it!

Also, and this is going to make me sound like such a bratty New Yorker, but I hate slow walkers/tourists who stop in the middle of the sidewalk. It drives me CRAZY.

erin said...

Ditto Clink on the slow tourists that clog up the sidewalks. Oh how I look forward to holiday time in Chicago.

What is it about the conditioner? I always feel like it should be the other way around.

My personal gripe for the day: People who take up an extra seat on public transportation with a bag or other item when said transportation is CROWDED and people are desperately trying to find a place to sit. Move your crap!

Jess said...

Okay, maybe I'm just stupid here, but I feel like the conditioner/shampoo issue is something to do with the fact that the shampoo is a nice, dense gel while the conditioner is a cream. I realize that theoretically a quarter-size amount of both from identically-sized bottles should mean that they run out at the same time, but maybe we trick ourselves visually when we look at them, or maybe the shampoo bottle actually has more in it because it's... denser, or something.

Anonymous said...

Two things:

*I ALWAYS run out of shampoo way before the conditioner. Weird.

*I almost choked on "cheeseburger ONLY KETCHUP." I wrote those words like three posts ago in a beef about McDonalds.

Lisa said...

Ha!

Here's mine. People who correct the prof during lectures on things that are REALLY OBVIOUS errors. Like, the whole way down he's writing x squared and in one line he writes x then in the next is x squared. Clearly he forgot the 2. Everybody can tell. But this one guy in my class ALWAYS corrects. It's infuriating!

Katelin said...

I hate hate hate people that go 65 in the fast lane. Granted I hate it more when people can't even go 65, go the speed limit I say!

And I pretty much agree with all your other rants, rant away! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooo, venting is fun! I agree with all the ones about people driving!

What happens a lot in Athens is that people just don't indicate when they want to turn or change lanes.

It drives me insane!!

Jess said...

I'm with Jess. There's something about the density of shampoo vs. conditioner. One to add is cars that blast their music so loudly that you can hear it while sitting in your car with the windows closed. If it's bothering me and I'm deaf, I'm pretty sure it's going to bother other people.

Anonymous said...

You know, I used to joke that when I separated from the Air Force I was going to go be a greeter at Wal-Mart. And then someone told me that they only hire OLD people to be greeters, so they wouldn't hire me! And I thought, surely not--that's ageism right? But then I started paying attention, and they ARE all old! I don't know, it's very mysterious...

Unknown said...

i agree with everything you've pointed out. no joke. and like la, i'd be here all day if i were to go into everything...lol...

but really, people not using turnsignals and the shampoo/conditioner thing really gets me. grrrr.

Stephanie said...

Is my brain that fried that I cannot think of one thing that really drives me nuts?

Um, but I do agree with Clink. Damn tourists, MOVE IT.

cdp said...

Oh, Michelle. You are so funny. I totally heart you.

I hear you on the damn conditioner. And seriously. Using mismatched scents? It is just so very wrong.

My beef today: profs who cancel class REPEATEDLY. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally down with getting the hour off, but don't make me drive downtown to school so I can find out you're still sick. We have a multi-million dollar computer network, woman. USE IT.

That's all. Thanks!

L Sass said...

I've always found people who pimp their Honda Civics really annoying. Like, a Civic is a practical car. It's not worthy of rims or being lowered or a spoiler. Sorry.

mcgee said...

hahaha holy crap, how did you get into my head? if i did a list, it would be EXACTLY THE SAME i swear.

Anonymous said...

Slow walkers. Seriously. And people who cut in line. I turn really ugly.

Anonymous said...

you crack me up! i agree on pretty much all of yours, especially the one about people who drive to slow. yesterday, i was behind someone going 20 mph in a 45 mph zone. sigh.

elysa said...

ditto, ditto, & ditto! although I always run out of shampoo first maybe we should trade :D

and serious amen to the elevator!

Angela said...

What's bugging me is that you used all of the ones that I was going to say, so now I'm left with nothing. Thanks a lot!

And I feel much better now.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is a big, huge YEAH because I feel the same way. Whingers unite, yo!

Anonymous said...

Great list! The food service one cracks me up! If we're in a hurry and we're at a fast-food place, my hubby and I will look at each other and say, "No alterations! Suck it up! We don't have time!" and then I'll quote the line from Lethal Weapon 2, "You wanna know why you never go through the drive-thru? Because they f-you. They f-you at the drive-thru." HA. :)

Julie Q said...

when you go through the drive thru lane at the bank to deposit a check and there are no envelopes! That could be the most horrible thing EVER! Also when there are people in line before you and they do 4 separate transactions..

stilettoheights said...

The people at Wall-Mart scare me....hence why I have not gone into a wall mart in YEARS!!!!! I refuse, though I am going to have to break down and go in for the new Garth Brooks set...damn him for only selling through Wall mart.

:(

Dana said...

I TOTALLY agree with everything you said too! But people that dont respect personal space KILLS me. How do they not know that it's awkward as ALL HELL!????

Anonymous said...

hilarious!!!! the radio station i listen to back home has "Tell 'Em Why Your Mad" in the afternoons. It is mostly baby daddy drama but it is hilarious. Whenever my sister calls to complain to me about something I always refer her to "Tell 'Em Why Your Mad" and not ME!

cdp said...

I see on gmail that you are feeling stressed. Hope things are okay in your corner of the world. Thinking of you!

xoxo

Princess Pointful said...

I hear you on the conditioner thing! I don't know why I can't throw away that fifth of a bottle of shampoo.

And I hate onions beyond belief.

And I was made to be a greeter for a day when I worked at Wal-Mart many years ago and it was utter misery.