It's been a few weeks and I have some pent up beefs. Let's get to it.
- Inclement Weather. Anytime the smallest amount of precipitation falls, the new speed limit on the highway becomes 25 mph here in Columbus. Yesterday we had on and off downpours during our morning commute. It took me so long to get to work you would have thought inches of snow were falling. Ridiculous.
- Windshield Wipers. I'm glad you're actually using them (because there are definitely people who avoid them like the plague), but can you pick an appropriate speed and stick to it? It's downpouring, OK put the blades on high. But if it stops raining will you shut them off? You look like a dumb ass sitting there with your wipers flapping at full speed when there ISN'T ANY RAIN FALLING.
- Rubbernecking. I know. There's an accident over on the other side of the highway. Police cars, ambulances, the works. CAN YOU PLEASE STOP LOOKING OVER THERE AND KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD? This lane of traffic should not be moving as slowly as the lanes on the other side of the median where the accident actually took place.
- Tailgating and the Like. If I can't even see the hood of your car in my rearview mirror you are TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT. Back the hell up now before I slam on my brakes. And there are quite a few people who have the opposite problem. I know there's a car about a mile in front of you tapping on his brakes. Do you really need to start braking when you are SEVEN CAR LENGTHS behind him? Slow your roll a little, but there is no reason to leave that much room. You know a few of the rush hour weasels are going to sneak in front of you. And I just might be one of them.
- Speed Limits. Are around for a reason. Let's at least try to drive, at minimum, the posted miles per hour. OK? It's RUSH HOUR. See the RUSH in there? Get some lead in your foot and pick up the pace granny. It's 65 and we should not be going 50. In the fast lane.
And one non-road rage related beef for today:
- Lazy Elevator Riders. I got on the elevator this morning with another guy. He pressed his floor, I pressed mine. We start going up. The elevator comes to a stop of the 15th floor (which isn't the destination for either of us). We both look puzzled, but then a lady gets on. PRESSES THE 16TH FLOOR BUTTON and steps back. Seriously? You couldn't take the stairs for one floor? She gets off and my fellow passenger starts snickering. I couldn't help but laugh as well, but I was still miffed. That might be the laziest thing I've ever seen.
Let it out. What's YOUR beef, road rage related or otherwise? And feel free to use ALL CAPS. I feel it helps emphasize how irritated you really are. :)
Volume Two :: The Men Suck Edition