Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Not Such A Great Day

So it's been awhile since I've been in this kind of mood. I just feel.....defeated. I literally am broke. I've had 2 vet bills in the past 2 weeks for over $300. That was an unplanned expense when every penny of my last check was already accounted for. I hate being financially stressed out. I need to do my taxes and direct deposit my refund ASAP. But I've been listening to Rascal Flatts song "Stand" a few times this morning. It's really helping to make me feel better about my stresses. If you haven't heard it, take a listen on iTunes. It's on their Me & My Gang album.

On a happier note the climbers that were stranded on Mt. Hood were finally rescued. I thought I'd share because it ended up that the dog with them saved their lives. He laid on them and kept them warm while they were waiting for rescuers. When I heard that this morning, it made me a little less irritated for having to spend so much $$ on my pets in the past few weeks. I've heard of cats doing the same thing (inside of course). It's amazing how they know you need them. Pets are really great companions.

Did a lot of running around last night. Took Holly to the vet, went to the gym (I did the 'random hill' setting on the bike this time and it really kicked my butt!), then finally got to eat dinner and relax. I watched Deal or No Deal (I love this show!) and it was really a heartwarming episode as corny as that sounds. The contestant was an Asian-American whose parents came to this country with only $750 in their pocket. When there were only 3 cases left guess which ones they were? $75, $750, and $750,000. Isn't that crazy? He ended up taking the deal which was $211,000. In the end his case had $750 in it!! Seriously - nuts. Needless to say there were a lot of tears from his parents, the audience, oh and me. lol

My iPod is broken. I am going crazy without it. I use it everywhere now - in my car, at work, exercising. It's driving me nuts. It won't even turn on at all. I'm going to call the Apple Store later today and see if I can try replacing the battery. I don't know if they do repairs on iPods there or just the computers. It's worth a shot. (Thanks Rach for your insight by the way, but mine isn't frozen, bummer.)

Ok I'm going to finish my lunch now. Can't wait for tonight - another much needed workout (in my cute new workout clothes!), then happy hour with Josh @ Applebees! He's another friend who is soooo in love and won't leave his girl's side so I never see him anymore! Had to force him to come drink with me tonight :-).

Here's the chorus from "Stand":

Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you’re made of
You might bend ‘til you break
Cause it’s all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you’ve had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands, shake it off
Then you stand, then you stand

No comments: