Pete Shagman's Famous Breakfast Muffins
I can't take credit for this recipe, but it is one I have to share with all of you. These are the best damn breakfast muffins on the planet. Like, Tater Tot Casserole good. You can quote me on that.
- Crescent rolls -- I get the round biscuit shaped ones, for ease of use.
- 3-4 eggs -- too many and they puff up too much
- Bacon/Sausage -- about a half a pound, I use maple sausage
- Onion Powder -- teaspoon or two to taste
- Garlic Powder --teaspoon or two to taste
- 6oz Cream Cheese --softened
- Cheddar Cheese -- I use about a half an 8 oz block, cut into 1/4" cubes
- Preheat to 375.
- Cook bacon or sausage and set aside. Flatten crescent rolls and press into Pam'd muffin pans. (Use the big muffin pans)
- Soften cream cheese and add eggs, garlic salt and onion powder and blend/beat/mix
- Drop a little bacon/sausage and cheese chunks into crescent cups. Pour egg mixture in, then a little bit more bacon/sausage/cheese chunks on top.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the centers are NO LONGER JIGGLY! Eggs will start to brown slightly around the edges. Eat warm!
Don't mind my amateur photography.
Yum! And they freeze really well too, had one this morning and put in the microwave for about 45 seconds or so.