Thursday, September 20, 2007

I Never Wanted Nothin' More

One year ago today I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my date. He was nearly a 1/2 hour late (he called saying he would be - so I gave him a little credit), but luckily he was worth the wait. In the weeks prior we had text messaged each other, flirted in the office, the whole nine yards. He had even asked me before to hang out, not in those exact words but more along the lines of "So, what are your plans tonight?". I knew where he was going with the question, but I was afraid of getting involved with my boss. I don't know what it was about that Wednesday but when he asked that same question I responded with "I'm not sure, what are you doing?" That answer gave him the courage to suggest getting together for drinks and a movie.



We had a great time. Conversation flowed really easily at Adobe Gilas. We had a few drinks, ate chips & salsa, and talked about work, how much we hated our boss, and the fact that I recently conquered Tiger Woods on the golf course on XBox (although he didn't believe me). The chemistry was pretty obvious. His smile told me he felt the same way. A little while later we ended up at the theater watching Gridiron Gang. Not the best movie in the world, but great for a first date because it contained several bust out laughing scenes. Eased the nerves.



We had parked in different lots, my car being closer, so I drove him to his car. I could feel the butterflies flying rapidly in my stomach. There was no first kiss, but we had hit it off. I liked him - A LOT. We followed our first date with a group date a few days later (dinner at Champps and bowling with our friends Roger & Krista). That night we shared a wonderful kiss in the parking lot of Champps when he walked me to my car. The butterflies were back. He put his arms around me and we stood there for what seemed like hours. I didn't want to let go.



We've had so many great times together. Visiting the Dale Chihuly exhibit at the Conservatory, the infamous Halloween party, Thanksgiving & Christmas spent with each other's families, nights out on the town, work parties, St. Patrick's day in Cleveland, going to see Wicked for my birthday, the Great Big Sea & Ricky Skaggs concerts, the Lorain County fair this summer, and so much more.



Clancy, I can't wait to spend more of my life with you. Each day we grow closer and even more in love. There are moments I wish I could stop time and be with you in that moment forever. Your arms around me, your hand gently brushing the hair from my face, kissing my forehead and telling me you love me. To quote Kenny Chesney, "I never wanted nothing more."

I love you. Happy one year.

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, Michelle! That was so a cute post!

Anonymous said...

Everyone has such cute anniversary posts today! All my mascara is gone and I'm still at work!

You guys are adorable. :)

elysa said...

very cute and mushy. i remember my 1 year we stopped celebrating monthaversaries then.

Clink said...

Happy one year!!

You two are absolutely adorable.

Unknown said...

awwwww, mich....happy anniversary doll!!!

i second clink on the you two being absolutely ADORABLE.

p.s. i LOVE that song. :)

Kristen said...

super cute. :)

DG said...

That is SUCH a sweet post! Happy one year!!!

Tina Poe said...

Happy one year! Such a sweet post!

k said...

you're obviously meant to be together. congrats on 1 year!

Anonymous said...

what a cute story ;) YAY for your 1 year anniversary, how exciting! I love the pics you two look so freaking happy :)

Princess Pointful said...

Yay! Hope you two enjoy your special day together. You look great together!
It was just my 1 year three days ago... *swoon*

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Michelle & Clancy! What can I say, it's a great month for luuuuuurve. ♥

Anonymous said...

I LOVE you two. Happy Anniversary! Here's to many, many more.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! You guys are so cute! such a great story :)

Anonymous said...

great, you've got me tearing up. you guys are adorable. happy anni!

Angela said...

You two are adorable! Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! And congratulations! I didn't know (yet) that you dated your boss.

I used to date one of the managers at my office. But I quit my job recently and now I'm merely 'the girlfriend of the manager' instead of 'the co-worker that dates our manager'. ;P

Office: best place to find your true love. Honestly.

stilettoheights said...

seriously adorable....also I keep forgetting that you are in c-bus too, all the city locals...

very cool.

happy anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm melting. You guys look perfect together. I love it. Happy happy anniversary! :)

Anonymous said...

AWWW!! You guys are ADORABLE together. I'm soo happy that you're soo happy.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a wonderful first anniversary post! Your love just shines through in your words and pictures.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'll definitely be back :)

Anonymous said...

Oopie, I didn't finish filling out my info!! I'm that Angela above me ;)

Anonymous said...

So cute. Love the photos. happy one year, to many more!

Stephanie said...

Cutie cute cute! Did you guys do anything special to celebrate?

Michelle and the City said...

stephanie - we did actually. he took me out to dinner @ j alexanders (a fancy-ish place) and then went for cheesecake at the cheesecake factory! :)

everyone - thanks for all of you comments and your well wishes. i hope for many more anniversaries with him too. he's a catch!

Anonymous said...

awww...what a sweet post! you guys are so cute together. i'm glad you had a happy anniversary!!

Ticket 4 Two said...

Ah, that was so sweet! Happy one year. They just keep on getting better too.

Ticket 4 Two said...

Ah, that was so sweet! Happy one year. They just keep on getting better too.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope you have 100 more happy years together :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, too cute! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to a beautiful relationship - love the pics too!

the fanny said...

You guys are adorable! I love it! Happy one year!
:)

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or are you two always on the same side of every picture! I think that's cute!!!

Ripe for Reading said...

So sweet...!

Anonymous said...

i'm a little slow on reading blogs lol. anyway i just wanted to say i'm just a bit jealous of your adorable relationship - i want one!! :) and i'm glad you're happy. oh, and i totally want to make tater tot casserole now.
-katyn