Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Life Worth Living

Listening to the radio this morning, I heard about the plane crash that happened with 2 Nascar affiliated people onboard. I can't remember now who they were because I'm not a huge Nascar fan, but I don't think they were drivers. The plane crashed in a residential neighborhood and 2 houses caught fire. Luckily, a firefighter was kissing his wife goodbye outside a house nearby and saw the plane going down. He went over as quickly as he could and was able to rescue two people from the house, but the two people onboard the plane died along with 3 other people in the houses. One was a 4 year old little girl. How sad is this story? I guess they were having smoke coming from their engine shortly after takeoff and called saying they needed to land at a nearby airport. They were only a few miles from the airport when they crashed.

Stories like this make you value life so much more. You never know what can happen at any given time in your life. Those people were probably asleep in their beds when the plane crashed into their houses. Make each day of your life meaningful, and always remember to tell your loved ones how important they are to you.

Sorry for the sad story, but it really got me thinking on my way to work this morning. It's just not worth upsetting myself day after day over meaningless things or things out of my control. Be upset, but don't dwell. It only hinders the rest of your day and affects everything (and possibly everyone you come in contact with) negatively.

Not much else going on with me but the norm. Had a BMI (Body Mass Index) screening today at work and I luckily fell within the "healthy" range. I was a little worried when Jeff came back saying he fell in the "overweight" category. I think that men should have a different chart. His results just didn't seem right. So You Think You Can Dance starts up again tonight with a new episode. Yeah! After missing a few weeks, Anna & I are having another SYTYCD watching party tonight :) Can't wait!

Well, back to work. A short meeting later today, and then only a few hours til quittin' time! :)

SONG OF THE DAY: (this one hit me hard today)

"Nobody But Me" - Blake Shelton

Don't waste your time looking over your shoulder
Those loves from the past ain't getting no closer
When I look in my future you're all I can see (So Honey)
Don't go loving on nobody but me.

Nobody but me gonna love you like you ought to be loved on
Nobody but me gonna cry if you up and leave
You can do what you want to,
But I'm asking pretty please (Honey) Don't go loving on nobody but me.

I took my time to tell you how I feel
Just because I took so long don't mean that it isn't real
I ain't got no diamond, but I'm down on my knees (honey)
Don't go loving on nobody but me.

Nobody but me gonna love you like you ought to be loved on
Nobody but me gonna cry if you up and leave
You can do what you want to,
But I'm asking pretty please (Honey) Don't go loving on nobody but me.

Nobody but me gonna love you like you ought to be loved on
Nobody but me gonna cry if you up and leave
You can do what you want to,
But I'm asking pretty please (Honey) Don't go loving on nobody but me.

Don't go loving on nobody but me...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i have been reading dooce - i think you blogged about it once and i put it into my subscriptions. its funny!

yeah, its certainly a confusing topic. i dont know what is best but i'd like to keep looking into it more. :)