Wednesday, September 26, 2007

To The Fourth Power

Before I get to this meme business I just want to state for the record that I am a little disappointed by the new Rascal Flatts CD. Now if you don't already know I am a HUGE fan (you can read about that HERE), so obviously I ran out first thing yesterday morning to Wal-Mart. I almost had a minor heart attack because where. were. the. new. CDs?! I couldn't find them anywhere. I tracked down a sales associate and asked.


Me: "Hi, do you have the new Rascal Flatts CD?"
Sales Guy: "Uh...like...I haven't taken them out of the boxes yet." (rolls eyes)
Me: (holding back from strangling him) "Well, do you think I could have one?"
Sales Guy: (huge sigh) "I guess. Do you want the one with the free DVD or just the CD?"

Did that whole process need to take that long? I think not. Obviously I wanted one jackass. Do you mind getting a move on because I made this trip before work and now I could be running a little late due to my Rascal Flatts obsession kthanksbye.

Anyway, back to the CD. Of course Take Me There is the best song ever, so the CD isn't all that bad. I still get goosebumps every time I listen to it! Also, Bob That Head and Still Feels Good are highly recommended by yours truly. The rest? Eh. Their best CD in my opinion is still Me & My Gang that came out last year. Any other Rascal fans out there? What did you guys think of it?

::MEME TIME::

I was TAGGED to complete this meme by two of my favorite bloggers - KLC & Libby. Here you go girls!

Four Jobs I Have Had In My Life
  1. Sales Associate - Kids R Us
  2. Department Supervisor - Babies R Us (Yes, I worked for the "R Us" company for about 7 years. I know I'm crazy!)
  3. Director of Media for a gym franchise (basically a graphic designer with a fancier title)
  4. Graphic Designer at a law firm
Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
  1. Finding Nemo
  2. Hitch
  3. Mean Girls
  4. Parent Trap
Four TV Shows I Like To Watch
  1. Sex & the City
  2. Reba
  3. Beauty & the Geek
  4. Reaper (we watched the first episode last night and it's actually really funny!)
Four Places I Have Been On Vacation
  1. Florida
  2. The Mall of America - Minnesota
  3. Maine
  4. St. Louis
Four Favorite Foods
  1. Cheesecake
  2. Lobster/Crab
  3. French fries with ranch
  4. Tatertot Casserole
Four Websites I Visit Daily
  1. Gmail
  2. Facebook
  3. Myspace
  4. All the blogs listed to the left
Four Places I Would Rather Be
  1. Home in bed, snuggling with my Clance
  2. Easton Towne Center - shopping!
  3. In front of the TV & reading a book (what can I say, I like to multitask!)
  4. Erie visiting my friends and family!
Four Bloggers I Am Tagging
  1. Rachel
  2. Elysa
  3. Alynda
  4. Lisa squared (cuz I heart you both!)
And anyone else who wants in on the fun!

25 comments:

Tina Poe said...

(shh, don't tell anyone. I love LOVE love beauty & the geek)

Unknown said...

hi, i LOVE rascal flatts. LOVE. i must download their new cd and listen.

btw, there is no other way to eat french fries if you don't have ranch dressing....okokok, gravy is good too....and ketchup when you need a break back into the basic. actually, french fries are jsut the greatest food, ever.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hehe..did you get the copy with the dvd?! you make me laugh. also...amen to mean girls!

k said...

LOVE beauty & the geek!!!!!!! and haven't heard the new rascal flatts yet ("these days" is one of my all-time fave songs). in my experience, any cd i race to the store for with super high hopes is never good. sigh.

k said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
k said...

just saw i'm on your blogroll. thank you! you're a daily read for me too!

Clink said...

I heart the Parent Trap (the original, though Linds Lohan was pretty darn cute in the remake).

And I just DVR-ed Reaper (I love Kevin Smith) but haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet. I'm glad it has your approval!

DG said...

I am not a Rascal Flatt's fan but I know people that are and they are a-crazy! about them! Sorry it's a tad bit dissapointing... Keep listening and it may get better?

Michelle and the City said...

don't worry i didn't delete anyone's comments... just some duplicates :)

and clink- i love both. i am a huge fan of lindsay lohan (although not as of late) so i like the new one a little better :)

Michelle and the City said...

oh and libby - no i didn't :(
i was afraid of looking like too crazy of a fan, plus i was there at like 7 a.m.! lol

Anonymous said...

I don't know what tatertot casserole is, but damn if I don't want some right now.

Anonymous said...

I'm so behind on my blog reading! Thank you for the shoutout yesterday. I'm totally upset about the Rascall Flats cd! I wanted to get it but now I'm not sure...

courtney said...

Me and My Gang, as an album, is probably their best. However, my favorite RF songs are Skin and Mayberry so there's that... I haven't heard the new cd yet... the new single? Eh. It's alright but I'm starting to feel like the Rascal Flatts are repeating themselves a lot.

I bought the new Reba cd last week... the duet she does with the Rascal Flatts is pretty amazing:)

L Sass said...

All right, Mall of America!! I always like to visit when I'm home visiting my folks.

Also, how excited are you for the SATC movie???

Anonymous said...

I heart you too!

And I could watch Mean Girls over and over and over again.

Princess Pointful said...

Mmmmm... cheesecake.

And boo to that sales associate. It's Wal-Mart, for Christ sake, not some little indie music store.

(brings me back to when I completed this meme... as, sadly enough, I once was a Wal-mart associate. In the toy department, at that, so we have something in common!)

elysa said...

love me some Rascal Flatts. Haven't gotten it yet though. Thanks for tagging me will give me something to blog about there are too many things going on right now to figure out which to blog about so an assignment is good.

random nerdy design tip/question - can you edit the CSS of blogger themes, if so I'd recommend doing a color or something on your links because they look exactly like your text. I only noticed bc I normally view your blog in a feed reader and then when I pop over to comment I noticed my name didn't look like a link. If you don't know what I'm talking about I can help send me a message.

Stephanie said...

Love Rascal Flatts but haven't listened to a new CD in a while! My best friend and I definitely got "I Love Rascal Flatts" t-shirts airbrushed, yes, I said AIRBRUSHED like 5 years ago!

Unknown said...

I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now and once I saw your post about rascal flatts, I had to comment! I'm in love with all of their songs and am going to their concert here in MN in a month--super excited for it!

I love that you put Mall of America as a vacation spot--I suppose living right by it since it was built makes it less of a novelty to me, but it is pretty big!

stilettoheights said...

I am a meme junkie.....I may have to do this one.

also, I have never heard of "tater tot casserole" but it sounds like heaven.

cdp said...

Oh girl, I LOVE me some Hitch. I tried to get McD to watch it with me for the longest time and he never wanted to ( I think he assumed it was a total chick flick); but then he caught some of it on TV and wanted to watch the rest of it. Now he's watched it like four times. Cracks me up! Now whenever Usher comes on, he bites his lip and does the Q-tip dance.

ps lobster/crab? now I'm hungry. again. and I JUST had Oreos for breakfast. sigh . . .

Anonymous said...

Ok I want all your favorite foods. Now. Mixed together. Thanks.

Katelin said...

ah, i love easton!

Liz said...

Rascal Flatts will be in my town on Saturday! I'm hoping I get to sit in my company's box to watch them. If not, I won't be going, because I is PO!